Velo What?

VeloBind, such a new word for me. LOL. Just heard it from my cousin who is looking for a store where she could have her project papers binded. She said her teacher required them to VeloBind their project and thesis papers. The time she asked me about it, I was just clueless and had that “huh” look on the face. LOL. Anyway, I asked mom about it and she told me that this type of book binding is often offered at copy and print shops. Oh, now I know. LOL.

According to Wikipedia, Velo binding involves punching several small holes along the edge of an unbound book. A strip of plastic with rigid tines is inserted into the holes from the top of the book, and a strip with corresponding holes is placed on the back with the tines protruding through. The book is then placed in a machine that holds the book tightly while the excess length of the tines is cut and the tips melted to seal the bind.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *