Category: Tips & How To’s
Someone once said, “you can’t stop the rain from pouring but you can always learn how to dance in the rain”. True, but a genuine fashionista knows it does not stop with dancing in the rain. You have to look fabulous while at it!
So here are some awesome and truly fashionable come-rain-or-high-seas outfit tips:
1. Don’t look as gloomy as the weather. Your summer may have been cut short by the rainy season, but this should not stop you from wearing your summer colors. Even underneath your grays and blacks for trench coats, put in a colorful umbrella or a pair of sunny rain boots to go with it. Add a splash of color; it helps brighten even the gloomiest of weathers.
2. Ditch your suedes, leathers, and bags that are a bit too sensitive with water exposure. Go for the PU’s and PVC (or other similar materials) instead. Not only are they usually more colorful – they have better resistance to moisture as well so you won’t have to worry about them fading out after a rainy evening.
You may be the nail salon’s most loyal customer but does that necessarily mean you have the healthiest nails? Unfortunately, no. While the look and cleanliness of your nails do say a lot about the kind of pampering it gets, it does not say much about the real condition of your nails. Clean is not always healthy.
So here are some tips on how to keep your nails strong and healthy:
1. Never grow them too long. Very long nails are prone to breaking and bending backwards getting splits. Keep your nails at a manageable length, ideally just a teeny wee bit over the edge of your finger. Oh, and keep a nail file close by. Helps for those emergency wayward nail situations!
Practically everything these days come in animal prints. From iPhone cases to shoes to clothes to nail polish – everyone is going ga-ga over animal prints and are letting out their wild side. Rawr.
However, a lot of our fashionistas these days are going a little bit over the top. How do you find the find line that divides classy animal print fashion from total-jungle-misfit look? Here are some tips:
1. Don’t wear clashing animal prints. Seriously, ladies, how do you find logic and fashion in a zebra top with a pair of leopard print maxi pants or booties? Unless you’re perfecting the “food-chain” look, by all means avoid too many animals in one body!
2. Keep the animal print as the highlight of the outfit. Reduce your animal print to one or two articles.
Exercise makes you healthy. Exercise helps you achieve (or maintain) your desired weight and figure. And yes, exercise is good for you.
But did you know that sweating it out is good for your skin too?
Yes, working out for the body you’ve always wanted will bring you the skin you’d burn your dollars for! Here are some of the benefits of working out that you probably haven’t heard of yet:
1. Reduces stress and thus reduces stress-related skin problems. Stress-related skin problems can range from breakouts to wrinkles. Regular workout increases your body’s happy hormones and decreases your stress hormones and subsequently, stress-related skin problems.
2. Cleans out your pores. Heavy sweating from working out helps wash out and unclog your pores of impurities – those dirty pimple-causing, oil-inducing impurities!
What do you wear when someone invites you to a formal event? When the dress code to a party is formal, it’s more than likely that the hosts want you in black tie attire. This means that men should wear a tuxedo – or at least a well fitted morning suit – and the ladies are expected to show up in either cocktail frocks or long evening dresses such as you can buy here. On trendier and less traditional occasions, the key is to look well groomed and follow the black-tie dress code but with more freedom for accessories and such. Here are a few tips on how to look wonderfully glamorous for formal events.