Someone once said, “you can’t stop the rain from pouring but you can always learn how to dance in the rain”. True, but a genuine fashionista knows it does not stop with dancing in the rain. You have to look fabulous while at it!
So here are some awesome and truly fashionable come-rain-or-high-seas outfit tips:
1. Don’t look as gloomy as the weather. Your summer may have been cut short by the rainy season, but this should not stop you from wearing your summer colors. Even underneath your grays and blacks for trench coats, put in a colorful umbrella or a pair of sunny rain boots to go with it. Add a splash of color; it helps brighten even the gloomiest of weathers.
2. Ditch your suedes, leathers, and bags that are a bit too sensitive with water exposure. Go for the PU’s and PVC (or other similar materials) instead. Not only are they usually more colorful – they have better resistance to moisture as well so you won’t have to worry about them fading out after a rainy evening.
Practically everything these days come in animal prints. From iPhone cases to shoes to clothes to nail polish – everyone is going ga-ga over animal prints and are letting out their wild side. Rawr.
However, a lot of our fashionistas these days are going a little bit over the top. How do you find the find line that divides classy animal print fashion from total-jungle-misfit look? Here are some tips:
1. Don’t wear clashing animal prints. Seriously, ladies, how do you find logic and fashion in a zebra top with a pair of leopard print maxi pants or booties? Unless you’re perfecting the “food-chain” look, by all means avoid too many animals in one body!
2. Keep the animal print as the highlight of the outfit. Reduce your animal print to one or two articles.
Pumps, power heels, sky high wedges – we’ve read all about them and the importance of having a pair or two. This time, let’s have a different take on things and dare to explore the flat side. We often forget how fashionable flat shoes can be – given the right pair of outfit to go with.
And so, to give these go-to ultra-comfy foot buddies the justice they so deserve, here are three types of flat shoes that are so fashionable there should be a pair of each in your wardrobe.
1. Strappy Flats
Bamboo Lynna 01 Rhinestone Studded Strappy Flats
You’ve seen them on the road with your favorite celeb. Gold and earth tones are the best (and safest) colors for these cuties but you can always go and explore a bit on the colored side. The secret for these open sandals? Great Pedi.
Kate Spade Vivi Flat Espadrille Black Multi Fabric
They’re the perfect summer footwear staples. Light, breathable, and very fashionable – they can go well with your sunny mini-dresses, denim shorts, or even your acid-wash skinnies!
Neons are back with a vengeance and the best and biggest of fashionistas have welcomed them with an ecstatic bang. And when is it ever more appropriate, more fun and more necessary to wear your brightest neons? Yes, summer with the capital S.
But if you were born in the 90s and grew up with the muted nudes and faded jeans, or just plainly unsure of how to wear neon outfits, these simple guidelines might help you embrace this bright fashion revolution, a bit more warmly – no pun intended:
1. Start it one piece at a time. So a block-neon top is out of your choices. Yet. (You’ll never know when you’d have a change of heart). Start with the basic one or two pieces of accessories and pair it with something dark so it stands out. Say, a black and silver mini dress will go well with a set of thin neon bangles or a simple neon earring (no bangle earrings please!).